MarketPortal.us collects the personal information you enter on our Websites or give us in any other way, such as via telephone, email, online or otherwise. For example, this information may be collected when you contact Customer Service for support purposes. We collect this personal information in order to offer Services you have requested or which we believe are of interest to our customers, to manage relationships we have with our customers and partners, to perform activities on your behalf, and for the security of MarketPortal.us, our Websites, Services and customers. The following describes the types of personal information we collect:
- Contact Information: We collect and retain personally identifiable information that you submit to us voluntarily and this includes, but is not limited to, your name, postal address (including billing and shipping address), telephone number and email address. For example, this contact information may be used to communicate with you with respect to transactions relating to the Services we provide. Additionally, we may collect contact information provided to us during any correspondence or telephonic contact relating to Customer Support, as well as in connection with the Services we offer and the Websites we operate.
- Demographic Information: We may collect and store demographic information (such as your zip code, income, gender and age) and use this data to tailor your experience on our Websites, provide content that we think you might be interested in, perform general improvements to the Websites, and display the content according to your preferences. We may also anonymize this demographic data. Such demographic information may be shared with partners, market researchers and other third parties on an aggregate, non-personally identifiable basis. No personally identifiable information will be linked to such aggregated demographic information that is shared with third parties.
- Other Information: We collect and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, our servers track the type of web browser you are using and the page from which you link. Additionally, we log IP addresses (a unique number assigned to every computer on the Internet) in order to improve security, analyze trends and administer the Websites. We may track your movement within the Websites, the third-party website pages from which you were referred, access times and browser types. We use this information to gauge the effectiveness of our Services, track information for statistical purposes and to improve our Services. We may use such information for marketing purposes, and to provide you with information we believe might be of interest to you. In addition, such information may be shared with partners, market researchers and other third parties on an aggregate, non-personally identifiable basis. No personally identifiable information will be linked to such aggregated information that is shared with third parties. We may supplement the information you provide us by acquiring publicly or commercially available information as is available in the public domain or from third parties, such as data brokers, business partners, payment and delivery services, and advertising networks, for instance, to verify your address, add a telephone number, or to update your information and to create a profile of your preferences. We tie your personally identifiable information to information in the profile, in order to improve the content of the Websites for you or to inform you about Services that we think may be of interest to you. From time to time, we may also ask you to participate in surveys or other communications conducted by us or third parties designed to help us improve the Websites or the Services we provide.
- Cookies: The Websites may use “cookie” technology for such purposes as enhancing your online experience by making it easier for you to navigate through the Websites and making certain features work better. Cookies are text files which are commonly deposited by websites on a user’s hard drive when the user visits a website. The file identifies a user’s computer and can record the user’s preferences and other data about the user’s website visit. Your web browser may enable you to disable cookies, but please note that certain Services may not function correctly without it and your experience on our Websites may be reduced.
- Third-Party Advertising Companies: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect and use information about your visits to this Website and other websites and your interaction with our Services in order to provide advertisements about Services that may be of interest to you. However, we do not provide personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email address or telephone number) in connection with third-party advertisements that will be connected with such information. Such third-party advertising companies may use information about your visits to this Website and other websites to target advertisements for our Services and they may keep track of user response to each advertisement. These targeted advertisements may appear on our Websites or on other websites that you visit. The anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag or cookies, which are industry standard technologies used by most major websites. To learn more about the use of this information or to choose to not have this information used by certain third-party advertising partners, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ or go to https://www.adobe.com/privacy.html. Please note that if you delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
- Web Beacons: The Websites may contain electronic images (called a “single-pixel GIF” or a “web beacon”) that allow a website to track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. No personally identifiable information will be transmitted via web beacons.
How We Use and Share Personal Information
We receive and store any personal information you enter on our Websites or give to us voluntarily in any other way, as well as information that we independently associate with you through publicly or commercially available sources that are available in the public domain or from third parties. We may use your personal information to contact you from time to time. We may also send you information or offers from time to time to the postal address or email address we have on file as further described herein.
- Your Email Address: From time to time, MarketPortal.us may use your personal information to contact you by email concerning our Services. We may also send you promotional materials regarding offerings from affiliates and non-affiliated third parties whose services and products we think may be of interest to you. These email communications are often intended to inform you of important information regarding your account, or about general services provided by MarketPortal.us. If you do not want to receive email from us regarding our Services, please click the “unsubscribe” link which is included at the bottom of any email you receive from us. However, in order to fulfill our service obligations to you, we will continue to send you emails regarding your account administration, as well as any necessary information, such as renewal notices and instructions. By providing us with your email address you consent to receiving communications from us electronically and all notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Promotions: If you provide your name for a promotional offer, or to enter a sweepstakes or contest, and you win a prize, we may post a winner’s list online and/or offer such a list to those who request it by mail. Your name and city may be listed and we will file your name with governmental agencies if required by law.
- Third Parties: We may provide you with promotional materials regarding offerings from affiliates and non-affiliated third parties whose services and products we think may be of interest to you. If you choose to do business with these affiliated or unaffiliated third parties as a result of such promotions, we may share your personal information with them. These entities may then send you promotional or administrative communications, by emails or otherwise. If you do not wish to receive those communications, you should contact these entities directly.
Change in Business Ownership or Structure
If the ownership of all or substantially all of MarketPortal.us’s business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (including, but not limited to, a merger or consolidation), or a potential sale of some or all of our business or assets, or there is an event of insolvency, bankruptcy, receivership or pledging of assets, or there is any other action or transfer between or among MarketPortal.us and its affiliates, you expressly consent to MarketPortal.us transferring your information, including your personal information, to the prospective or actual new owner or successor entity. Also, information about our subscribers and users, including personal information, may also need to be disclosed in connection with a commercial transaction seeking financing, investment, support or funding.
Third-Party Services and Websites
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer; app, social media platform, operating system or wireless service provider; or device manufacturer, including with respect to any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with any of our software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices.
Limitation of Liability